Wednesday, June 16, 2010

FEAR - ေႀကာက္စိတ္

I have just finished reading Oh Siew May's "Scaling Walls - My Story". My heart sinked as she was going through tought times. I felt relieved when she accomplished climbing a mountain in her life. I entrapped with her in the fall walls; I escaped from it as she did. I could estimate the huge effort she put in to fight against her own fear.

At the same time, I remember a routine from So You Think You Can Dance, Season 6. The comtemporary routine with the song 2 steps away was choreographed by Stacey Tookey and performed by Kathryn and Legacy. I enjoyed every move in the routine. Sometimes, we let fear stay within us because we do not know its existance. Sometimes we just hide it under any convenient excuse. I am afraid of facing fear more than losing my own life.

When we think we are free, it just grabbed your legs to keep you right there. The moment we thought we escaped from fear, it appeared just behind and held you down. It would just jump on you. You would see the amount of energy you need to turn it away and keep yourself away from fear. My favourite was the ending of the routine. Surpress it strategically and pin it down right there, under your feet.

Enjoy the dance 2 Steps Away from SYTYCD

Siew May and all friends who are actively fighting against fear, I am sure you will always be the stars.

No comments: